Cash & Khaled with a really dope interview! check it out.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Kese Soprano "The One" Produced By Skullz
We jumped this episode off immediately with an interview with Joe Budden just before he got on a plane, so we were immediately in rare form this time around. Major and JMack were “Phro-less” this week but they kept the show rolling after the Budden interview with some great underground hip-hop joints, a couple more calls with Nai from StrictlyFitteds.com, CJ from KonsoleKingz.com as well as some listener calls. Hot show, hot music, great calls. Make sure you check it out. And sign up for the mailing list y’all to get in on the live shows!!! Next Episode comin’ Saturday, August 16th!
HoodHype.com Episode #69
Download Here (right click and select “Save Target As”) (121mb)
Episode #69 features music from:
- Bonafide - “Fast Lane” - Winnipeg, MB
- Young Sage - “Unsigned Hustlas” - Boston, MA
- Hardtimes - “Higher” - Indianapolis, IN
- Soulbrotha - “Born for a Purpose” - Houston, TX
- ICEE Jake ft Phokuz - “In The Rain” - Columbus, OH
- Young Fedie - “Getcha Grind On” - St.Louis, MO
Additional Links for stuff we talked about in Episode #69
- Kese Soprano MySpace Page (Winner of Episode #68)
- Joe Budden’s Website & MySpace Page
- Big Boi Interview then Killer Mike Responds… then its squashed.
- Consequence Teeth Comments (too funny)
- CD Baby
- Smoothbeats.com The Hottest Online Hip-Hop Radio Station
- E-Mail Major, JMack and Phro
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Kese Soprano is back with another mini mixtape full of exclusives.
shout out to Cash & Khaled,Seige,Jack Nickelz,Macado,DJ Teknik, Bleek Beats, Joey Bags and the rest of Beat Club. http://beatclub.ning.com/
Also much love to Hood Hype.com!
1. Kese Soprano - Yeah (Prod. By Cash & Khaled)
2. Kese Soprano - Been Focused (Prod. By Jack Nickelz)
3. Kese Soprano & Psycho (U.G.A.) - Fresher Than (Prod. By Keep Bangin' Productions)
4. Kese Soprano - The Real Hood Hop (Prod. Macado)(Scratches By DJ Teknik)
5. Kese Soprano & Psycho (U.G.A.) Vibe Wit Us (Prod. By Jack Nickelz)
6. Kese Soprano,Nyce Hoffa,Psycho - Coming Of Age freestyle
7. Kese Soprano - Lord Give Us The Strength (Prod. By Seige)
Be on the look out for that new Jack Nickelz and Kese Soprano.
Kese Soprano & Psycho - Vibe Wit Us (Produced. By Jack Nickelz)
May 18, 2008
Name: Jack Nickelz
1) I see in your setup that you have both an MPC and Fruity Loops. Which were you using first and do you use them together now?
I originally started to learn how to make beats on the MPC 2000XL. And to be honest…I tell everyone if you can get your hands on an MPC 2000XL go on and get that because it is pretty much one of the best machines in my mind to work with. Once I load a sample into it, I pretty much have free reign over it. There is no opening up this program and thing swinging everything over to that program. It’s a one stop spot. The only thing is, I don’t have the mobility with it. Now like all producers I had a rough spot where I was aching for dough and had to choose rent or the MPC. Hated to do it but the MPC had to go. Thus forcing me to get with the 9th Wonder backed FL Studio. It took me a little bit to get used to, but now I love using it. Right now I’m strictly FL Studio. And I’ve learned to do everything inside the program. I’ve remixed songs using just FL and created a lot of joints on it. I love the fact that if I load it on a laptop, I can pretty much make a beat any and everywhere.
2) You seem to have a lot of experience working with indie artists. How did you get started? I started in this game as a DJ, then I became an emcee. One of the main reasons I started making my own beats is so I didn’t have to wait on anyone for a track. Plus the fact that sometimes some producers don’t listen to artists and I didn’t want to always have to deal with that. As I started getting better with my craft, some of the guys that I spit with would come to me for a track. My boys Casino Dialz and Sinis were the first guys to trust in my sound enough to let me do their whole project. That lead to other people hearing my tracks and wanting to work with me. But to be honest things really started popping off when I started using MySpace more than normal. I would jump on MySpace and connect to indie artists and talk to them about working together. I’ve given away a lot of tracks in order to work with a lot of people. But hey…sometimes you have to do things like that. And now I can say I’ve worked with a variety of people such as Apathy from here in CT to Pestalance from Houston and Kehmak in Canada. I’ve come to realize that a lot of guys like working with me because of my unique beat style and sample selection and my ear for the music.
3) You replayed Bob James’ “Angela” (The theme to taxi) on “Latka Kravitz.” What did you play it on? Are you trained in keyboard or did u learn by ear?
The Latka Kravitz actually is the simple chopped up sample from the actually song. I never played it out. What I did was chop the piece I liked and placed them in the order that I would like to hear them song wise. A lot of people think I played it out because of how smoothly the chopped sample pieces connect. Of course the whole track was produced on the MPC for a beat CD project I did with my boy, MF Swayz. As far as being trained in keyboard, of course like everyone else I took classes in school…but I mostly play by ear.
4) Do you have a studio where you record? If so how did you put it together?
Right now I’ve started to get things set where I can record in my own crib. But I’ve recorded in various studios from Jaxsn Music, Studio 26, The Halfway House, etc. As for what I’m putting together in my crib, the pieces I have now are my lovely hand built PC running FL Studio, Adobe Audition and ACID Pro 6. I plan on getting my M-Audio interface so I can move up to Pro Tools or rock with Cubase.
5) Do you have any up-coming projects? Lord do I!! Right now I just finished remixing joints from Blak Philly.
I just finished doing a joint for Apathy as I mentioned before. I have projects from guys in my crew like Casino Dialz, Myk Fevah & Kinkade Tha Bully. I’m currently doing joints for Sinis, Original Soul, Pestalance, ROCKOLEONE, A Rock band named Rotary and others. And I’m really looking forward to hooking up with my old partners, The Forgotten Soulz, Doc Vaporz and Jimmy Fontaine on our upcoming joint. And as always, I’m always looking to work with more people.
To be considered for Hydrosonics send an MP3 or link to a song (imeem or Myspace is fine) to email@example.com. Registered users will get preference in response.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Personally I think this video is off the chain. I'm really diggin' it!
The Getto Remix f/ Verse & Tunes from Elus on Vimeo.
Directed by Adrian Richards
Produced by the Soul Profit
The “Abstract” Kese Soprano check out his new single “Yeah” myspace.com/kesesoprano
My American Boy…Jersey Style
You know when you read “Soprano” attached to anything these days, you think of the quality and the show “The Soprano’s”. With that said I want to be the first or one of the first to introduce to the mainstream “Kese Soprano“. He is the first of a series presented here of Elite 1 Entertainment’s Artist of the Month. This will grow into a annual yearly, voted on by the online community “Artist of the Year” in different categories. Let’s get with the man, the artists known as Kese Soprano. Not only a great artists, and one who can be recognized to bring the east back to prominence, but a humble person and one who is a hard worker. Kese is also a producer, beat maker and yes from New Jersey. Quite a balancing act and yet he does it and does it well. His lyrics and beats are what represents the best about what we all love about East Coast music, the beats and the lyrics fueled by “real life“. What makes a person a fan of the gone-by days of Wu-Tang (Cream), DMX?, Nas (Illmatic) and Biggie? Kese got it, has it and BRINGS IT. His myspace rotates and keeps the online community knowledgable of what he is currently working on and who he is working with. The network of artists and business he deals with is extensitve. He is the only artists I know that can boast of working with Lady Luck too Cash & Khaled to a serious presence on SOHH (before the hack) One of the few posters who could actually have his music on The Forum. He is busy and business orientated. Kese recently lost a close person to him and created a song that is his “Song Cry“. There is so much more I can say about “OUR ARTIST OF THE MONTH” KESE SOPRANO. I will let his myspace say it better for me. Look for in the upcoming months audio of live interviews of Kese and his process and how he views mainstream, underground and the future of New Jersey’s rap scene, the future of the East Coast and if they will ever have dominance again.
Looking for a “New Underground Artists” that you can ride too, listen too, sing along with, and who is speaking your language, the Youth’s language. Look no further than my man Kese Soprano.
Be Looking out for the new single produced by Cash & Khaled called “Yeah”
Check out his myspace/kesesoprano
We do stay d.o.i.n it Movin Mayne…The Elite 1 Network…T’Anne…The Elite 1-One…Holla
Tomorrow look for experts from my one on one interview today with the Great West Coast Producer “Easki”